- 1US • informal An FBI agent.[ 1930s: probably an abbreviation of Government man]More example sentences
- The violence problem was overcome with relative ease by shifting from one side of the law to the other, from gangsters to G-men as the agents of male power and authority.
- Not only was he the biggest mystery in the biggest political scandal of the last century, he was a star G-man during the FBI's glory days during the J. Edgar Hoover era.
- But in addition to the G-man at the door, another agent stood off to one side.
- 2Irish A political detective.[ early 20th century: perhaps an arbitrary use of G]More example sentences
- Napolitano, who headed the crew Pistone infiltrated, disappeared on August 17, 1981 - one month after the G-man ended his assignment.
- This collection serves as the introduction collection to beat all introduction collections on the G-man.
- Michael Collins' best remembered military achievement was the surveillance and assassination of the 13 G-men in the other ‘Bloody Sunday’ which is still a text book example in the literature of insurrection and guerilla war.
More definitions of G-manDefinition of G-man in:
- The US English dictionary