- Denoting a high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine: [postpositive]: a Peugeot 205 GTiMore example sentences
- Where it is a definite winner is in its performance, designed to be appreciated by GTi car drivers.
- Only one engine gets the special GTi badge, a 2-litre 200 bhp FSi.
- It is a small car with cute looks, the first to wear the famous GTi badge, and its punchy pocket rocket engine producing 125 bhp is a real adrenaline gusher.
nounBack to top
- A high-performance car with a fuel-injected engine: the GTi’s manoeuvrability is a welcome reliefMore example sentences
- You could argue that the sport of ram-raiding would never have come into existence without the GTi.
- The transverse layout and DSG gearbox of the GTi means the 4motion/quattro drive system can't be incorporated.
- Although the GTi is all about performance it is still relatively high in the economy stakes, returning a combined figure of 38.2mpg, generally down to its lightweight and aerodynamic shape.
late 20th century: from GT + i for injection.
More definitions of GTiDefinition of GTi in:
- The US English dictionary