- A Gaelic-speaking person.More example sentences
- The non-English parts of the UK have ten million Gaels, Celts, Picts, Irish, Scots and Vikings.
- The Gael and the Pict, the Angle and Dane, But so did the Irishman, Jew and Ukraine - They're all Scotland's story and they're all worth the same.
- In the 9th cent., Gaels and Picts were finally united under a Gaelic king, probably of mixed parentage.
- More example sentences
- As dynastic union looked likely to resolve the problems of England's northern frontier, the Tudor assimilation of Irish Gaeldom seemed the one outstanding question in regard to the unification of the British Isles.
- US Gaeldom and in particular the Gaels of Chicago mourned the untimely death of one of Kilkenny's finest ambassadors.
- However, one of Gaeldom's leading writers was less impressed.
from Scottish Gaelic Gaidheal.
More definitions of GaelDefinition of Gael in:
- The US English dictionary