- 1A variety of black wine grape native to the Beaujolais district of France.More example sentences
- Galet cites scores of different Gamays, many quite unrelated to the Beaujolais archetype, many of them particular clonal selections of it, and many more of them red-fleshed teinturiers once widely used to add colour to vapid blends.
- This is far-north wine-growing, and the grapes planted, the white Sauvignon and Chenin, the red Cabernet Franc and Gamay, are all varieties prized for their fairly acid and raw qualities.
- The grape ripens late, providing a richness of flavour not found in either Gamay or Pinot Noir.
- 1.1A fruity red wine made from the Gamay grape.More example sentences
- Instead, try a lighter, fruitier red like Gamay.
- This Fleurie estate has made a concentrated, almost Burgundian-style Gamay.
- Most are unaware of the quality Gamays being produced in the New World, most notably in the Okanagan.
from the name of a hamlet in Burgundy, eastern France.
More definitions of GamayDefinition of Gamay in:
- The US English dictionary