- 1A variety of white wine grape used in making Soave and other Italian white wines: [as modifier]: a delightfully crisp and fragrant dry white made from the local Garganega grapeMore example sentences
- The wines of some small producers have demonstrated that the Garganega grape can yield wines of real character with a pungency that marries well with wood ageing.
- The 1980s saw a revival of the sweet Recioto di Soave, made from Garganega grapes with a long local tradition.
- A Veronese variety such as Garganega for a white Recioto will need three to four months.
- 1.1A white wine made from the Garganega grape: a bottle of GarganegaMore example sentences
- Garganega is a lovely, dry, fairly crisp white wine...perfect chilled with sliced salami and olives!
- Our friendship took shape over a glass of Garganega a few years ago in Brescia, Italy.
- This is a 2006 Garganega from the Domain Day Winery.
Italian (Venetian dialect), from gargànica 'of Gargano' (an area of Apulia, where the grapes apparently originated).