noun (plural Gasthäuser /-ˌhɔɪzə/)
- A small inn or hotel in a German-speaking country.More example sentences
- One of my fondest memories of that holiday was the evening a friend and I went to the village restaurant (Gasthaus).
- My wife and I have a summer home near Peachland and we go to the Gasthaus for any special occasion.
- Admire the mountains from the bottom, the churches from the outside and the Gasthäuser from the inside.
from German, from Gast 'guest' + Haus 'house'.
More definitions of GasthausDefinition of Gasthaus in:
- The US English dictionary