(also Geiger-Müller counter)
- A device for measuring radioactivity by detecting and counting ionizing particles.More example sentences
- The Geiger counter, a device used to detect the presence of radioactivity, works on this principle.
- Pipes and other kinds of containers can be filled with radon gas and then checked with a Geiger counter or other detection device.
- These arcs emit light high in the ultraviolet, as well as centimeter-wavelength sound, which together with the intense electromagnetic perturbations produced are particularly effective in activating the Geiger counters.
More definitions of Geiger counterDefinition of Geiger counter in:
- The US English dictionary