- A sealed tube of glass or quartz with a central constriction, filled with vapour for the production of a luminous electrical discharge.More example sentences
- The other Geissler tubes have lost their vacuum and were filled with colored water for show purposes.
- The set of Geissler tubes at the left shows some of the fanciful shapes in which Geissler tubes were made.
- These were the fore-runners of the Geissler tubes used in science demonstrations.
mid 19th century: named after Heinrich Geissler (1814–79), the German mechanic and glass-blower who invented it.
More definitions of Geissler tubeDefinition of Geissler tube in:
- The US English dictionary