- A girl typifying the fashionable ideal of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.More example sentences
- Whether the goody-goody Gibson girl or the dancing flapper, the single woman finally had purchasing power.
- By the end of the century corsets produced the sinuous body shape of the Gibson girl, with a protruding bust and derrière, and small waist.
- After so much detail on Florence Nightingale, the Gibson girl and the YWCA, the coverage of the past few decades feels sparse - which might be intentional, since many readers will remember them.
represented in the work of Charles D. Gibson (1867–1944), American artist and illustrator.
More definitions of Gibson girlDefinition of Gibson girl in:
- The US English dictionary