- The standardization of political, economic, and social institutions as carried out in authoritarian states.More example sentences
- For most of the British population today, the notion that people could solve many of the problems of society without governmental Gleichschaltung is completely alien.
- Blomberg consistently promoted what he called this Gleichschaltung with the National Socialist philosophy until his dismissal at the end of January 1938.
- The general process of Gleichschaltung concentrated the effective political and military power in the hands of Hitler to a degree unknown in Germany since the days of Frederick the Great.
German, from gleich 'same' + schalten 'force or bring into line'.
More definitions of GleichschaltungDefinition of Gleichschaltung in:
- The US English dictionary