(also Gobelin tapestry)
- A tapestry made at the Gobelins factory in Paris, or in imitation of one.More example sentences
- The most important recent contribution to the renewal of Gobelins tapestry came from the painter Jean Lurcat, who began working there in the thirties.
- The other furniture in the room includes an imposing suite covered with Gobelins tapestries, purchased from French and Company in 1955.
- This in all likelihood represents the low retaining walls built along the Bièvre River, especially those along the rue Croulebarbe and the Gobelins tapestry works.
More definitions of GobelinDefinition of Gobelin in:
- The US English dictionary