(also Golgi apparatus)
- A complex of vesicles and folded membranes within the cytoplasm of most eukaryotic cells, involved in secretion and intracellular transport.More example sentences
- These findings are supported by studies on the intracellular traffic between the Golgi apparatus and the plasma membrane (correlative light-microscopy using the green fluorescent protein technology).
- In all eukaryotic cells, the Golgi apparatus is a central organelle in the secretory processes.
- The major destinations for proteins exiting the Golgi apparatus are the plasma membrane and the vacuolar system.
More definitions of Golgi bodyDefinition of Golgi body in:
- The US English dictionary