Definition of Google bomb in English:
An attempt to make a search term return a website for an unexpected person or organization when entered in a search engine (typically for satirical or humorous purposes) by the creation of numerous links to that website from pages including the search term: police said the suspect confessed to writing a program to test his skills at creating a Google bomb
More example sentences
- Congratulations to Anthony, for inadvertently finding a Googlebomb of mass hilarity.
- That Brandt had created this Googlebomb is no secret: he described how he did it in public forums, noting its progress.
- They're proud of this, and they brag about their capacity to game Google with Googlebombs and other search-skewing play.
early 21st century: from Google, the proprietary name of a popular Internet search engine, + bomb.
Google bombing noun
- Example sentences
- I define the practice of "Google bombing" as a case of online collective action.
- The practice of Google bombing is a collective hyperlinking strategy intended to change the search results of a specific term or phrase.
- I suspect that interest in this topic is somewhat lower than interest in googlebombing.
Definition of Google bomb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan