- A setter of a black-and-tan breed, used as a gun dog.More example sentences
- A special spotlight is being cast this year on 28 homegrown breeds - including the bloodhound and the Gordon setter - deemed by the Kennel Club to be ‘vulnerable’ due to their waning popularity.
- The German longhaired pointer owes its looks and temperament to several of the long-haired continental bird dogs, as well as the Irish and Gordon setters.
- In both 2001 and 2003, the program had 20 Gordon setters that were available for adoption in Texas.
mid 19th century: named after the 4th Duke of Gordon (1743–1827), who promoted the breed.
More definitions of Gordon setterDefinition of Gordon setter in:
- The US English dictionary