- A dessert apple of a bright green variety with crisp sharp-flavoured flesh, originating in Australia.More example sentences
- I like this wine because of its acidity - it has the tartness of a Granny Smith apple, with a long, lingering acidity on the finish.
- Do you enjoy the sweet, supple, and crisp taste of a Granny Smith?
- Instead of munching on wholesome Granny Smiths, settlers depended on the alcoholic cider as an important part of their diets and a reliable source of hydration as they moved west.
late 19th century: named after Maria Ann (Granny) Smith (circa1801–1870), who first produced such apples.
More definitions of Granny SmithDefinition of Granny Smith in:
- The US English dictionary