- A numerical code used in computing in which consecutive integers are represented by binary numbers differing in only one digit.More example sentences
- The standard remedy is an alternative to the ordinary binary numbers called a Gray code, which replaces the cliffs with gentler slopes.
- He popularized the application of Gray codes to puzzle solving.
- Unusual number system bases and Gray codes are described in detail in two chapters.
mid 20th century: named after Frank Gray (1887–1969), American physicist.
More definitions of Gray codeDefinition of Gray code in:
- The US English dictionary