adjective & noun
- former term for Russian (language and people), as distinguished from other peoples and languages of the old Russian Empire.More example sentences
- But when nostalgia for the old Russian Empire crept in, it became a kind of Great Russian chauvinism.
- ‘He's known as the Great Russian composer, but his roots were in fact Ukrainian,’ she explains.
- Thirteen bishops of Great Russian origin and merely two Ukrainian hierarchs were consecrated in the 1760s.
More definitions of Great RussianDefinition of Great Russian in:
- The US English dictionary