- A Franciscan friar.More example sentences
- It would perhaps be difficult to overrate the influence of the Grey Friars, particularly in the fourteenth century.
- They wore a gray tunic with a white cord at the waist; hence, their English name Grey Friars.
- The Grey Friars, of the order of St Frances of Assisi, first came to the town in 1233.
Middle English: so named because of the colour of the order's habit.
More definitions of Grey FriarDefinition of Grey Friar in:
- The US English dictionary