noun (plural same or Griquas)
- A member of a people of mixed European and Khoikhoi origin, living mainly in the Eastern and Western Cape provinces of South Africa: [as modifier]: set out with Griqua guidesMore example sentences
- Diamonds were found in 1867-8, in an area occupied by Griquas, Koranmas, and some Afrikaners.
- The Griqua were to see little of the wealth that was to be generated from the enormous diamond mines.
- He was a remarkable leader whose vision has guided and united the Griqua people for 100 years.
the name in Nama.
More definitions of GriquaDefinition of Griqua in:
- The US English dictionary