(also Haber–Bosch process)
- An industrial process for producing ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen, using an iron catalyst at high temperature and pressure.More example sentences
- The Haber process itself is about 100 years old.
- One will want to convert H 2 promptly to NH 3 via the high-temperature Haber process.
- The Haber process allowed the mass production of fertilizers, which has fueled a boom in agricultural productivity.
named after Fritz Haber (1868–1934) and Carl Bosch (1874–1940), German chemists.
More definitions of Haber processDefinition of Haber process in:
- The US English dictionary