Definition of Hadith in English:
noun (plural same or Hadiths)
1A collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad which, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran.
- Many of the country's laws are based on the Koran and the Hadith, a collection of Mohammed's sayings.
- It involved quotations from the Koran and references to the life of Mohammed and the Hadith of the prophet, which together form the basis of Islamic Sharia law.
- For this promise Muslims must read the Hadith, traditional sayings traced to Muhammad.
1.1Any of the sayings from the Hadith.
- In the first chapter of this book which consists of twenty pages, he discusses various Hadith and Tafaseer dealing with the excellence and importance of India.
- Each Hadith comes with its line of transmission that leads directly to Prophet Muhammad or his companions.
- They also questioned me about the nature of the Arabic material I had with me in my car, the prayer card, as well as a small book of Hadith.
from Arabic ḥadīṯ 'tradition'.
Definition of Hadith in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan