noun (plural same or Hadiths)
- 1A collection of traditions containing sayings of the prophet Muhammad which, with accounts of his daily practice (the Sunna), constitute the major source of guidance for Muslims apart from the Koran.More example sentences
- Many of the country's laws are based on the Koran and the Hadith, a collection of Mohammed's sayings.
- It involved quotations from the Koran and references to the life of Mohammed and the Hadith of the prophet, which together form the basis of Islamic Sharia law.
- For this promise Muslims must read the Hadith, traditional sayings traced to Muhammad.
- 1.1Any of the sayings from the Hadith.More example sentences
- In the first chapter of this book which consists of twenty pages, he discusses various Hadith and Tafaseer dealing with the excellence and importance of India.
- Each Hadith comes with its line of transmission that leads directly to Prophet Muhammad or his companions.
- They also questioned me about the nature of the Arabic material I had with me in my car, the prayer card, as well as a small book of Hadith.
from Arabic ḥadīṯ 'tradition'.
More definitions of HadithDefinition of Hadith in:
- The US English dictionary