Definition of Hall of Fame in English:
1.1 [as noun] chiefly North American The class or category of those who have excelled in a particular activity: the Hockey Hall of Fame
More example sentences
- She has been inducted into six Halls of Fame, including the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
- Wilkinson is the only individual to be inducted into the NRHA, AQHA, and NCHA Halls of Fame.
- This year there are eight category awards, a Hall of Fame and an Overall Winner.
Hall of Famer noun
- Example sentences
- There are also hundreds of historic photos of baseball greats from every era, including many of Yogi with other Hall of Famers and several American presidents.
- It's time now to welcome a few more voices to a stage that, with the apparent retirement of a hip-hop Hall of Famer, is wide open.
- Mr. Erving is a basketball Hall of Famer and currently one of NBA's ambassadors for the Finals.
Definition of Hall of Fame in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan