- 1.1 [as noun] chiefly North American The class or category of those who have excelled in a particular activity: the Hockey Hall of FameMore example sentences
- She has been inducted into six Halls of Fame, including the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
- Wilkinson is the only individual to be inducted into the NRHA, AQHA, and NCHA Halls of Fame.
- This year there are eight category awards, a Hall of Fame and an Overall Winner.
Hall of Famer
- More example sentences
- There are also hundreds of historic photos of baseball greats from every era, including many of Yogi with other Hall of Famers and several American presidents.
- It's time now to welcome a few more voices to a stage that, with the apparent retirement of a hip-hop Hall of Famer, is wide open.
- Mr. Erving is a basketball Hall of Famer and currently one of NBA's ambassadors for the Finals.
More definitions of Hall of FameDefinition of Hall of Fame in:
- The US English dictionary