- The night of 31 October, the eve of All Saints' Day, often celebrated by children dressing up in frightening masks and costumes. Halloween is thought to be associated with the Celtic festival Samhain, when ghosts and spirits were believed to be abroad.More example sentences
- Mr Voillat died after falling from the Royal Prince boat during a Hallowe'en party last October.
- At Hallowe'en I'd look vaguely spooky, and on Bonfire Night I'd have some papier mache excuse for a Guy.
- Mischief Night may originally have been associated with Hallowe'en itself.
More definitions of HalloweenDefinition of Halloween in:
- The US English dictionary