- Human epithelial cells of a strain maintained in tissue culture since 1951 and used in research, especially in virology.More example sentences
- Moving to us, there are standard cell lines from human kidney or liver, and then there are the famous HeLa cells, one of many from human tumor sources.
- Figure 3 shows typical staining patterns for uninfected and infected HeLa cells, which were used as controls.
- Fig.7 shows that cell proliferation is further restricted to the colony border in HeLa cells grown over a longer period.
1950s: from the name of Henrietta Lacks, whose cervical carcinoma provided the original cells.
More definitions of HeLa cellsDefinition of HeLa cells in:
- The US English dictionary