Definition of Hebraic in English:
Of Hebrew or the Hebrews: a student of Hebraic religious literature
More example sentences
- The beginnings of Islam were founded on the ability to synthesize Greek, Byzantine, Persian and Hebraic knowledge bases and to work them into something new.
- Whilst Judaism refuses to acknowledge any power that might work contrary to a single, perfect God's plan, there is nevertheless a tradition of evil spirits in Hebraic culture.
- In this respect, they embody the ideal that Matthew Arnold posited as a mix of Hebraic law and Hellenic light.
- 1Hebraically adverb
- Example sentences
- He's perceived as a demon, and we see him so Hebraically.
- Let me digress once more, for the sake of those dear readers who may be Hebraically challenged.
- To be truly biblical is to think and act Hebraically, as Jesus did during his incarnation.
Via Christian Latin from late Greek Hebraikos, from Hebraios (see Hebrew).
Words that rhyme with Hebraicalcaic, algebraic, Aramaic, archaic, choleraic, Cyrenaic, deltaic, formulaic, Judaic, Mishnaic, Mithraic, mosaic, Pharisaic, prosaic, Ptolemaic, Romaic, spondaic, stanzaic, trochaic
Definition of Hebraic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.