- 1Greek.More example sentences
- Amidst all the racket that gets generated in this convivial establishment on a good night, it's easy to forget they serve great Greek entrées, appetizers and other Hellenic treats.
- The Hellenic club is a miserable place where old Greek men go to play darts.
- The story of Jesus was more believable, his conclusions and teachings were more sensible and relevant, and the New Testament applied to a broader range of individuals than the Old Testament or Hellenic belief systems.
- 1.1 Archaeology Relating to or denoting Iron Age and Classical Greek culture (between Helladic and Hellenistic).More example sentences
- White dresses, smocks and crisscrossed leather sandals inspired by the Hellenic age traveled somberly down the runway, as American flags fluttered from the ceiling.
- A half-mile square section of the ancient Hellenic city of Olvia was recently cleared out by thieves looking for valuables to sell.
- It was a bit unusual to find a Hellenic civilisation 50 miles off the South West coast of the USA like that.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- 1.1The Greek language.More example sentences
- I am sure that you will discover that you actually speak much more Hellenic that you thought, and that Greek is not so "Greek to you" after all!
from Greek Hellēnikos, from Hellēn (see Hellene).
More definitions of HellenicDefinition of Hellenic in:
- The US English dictionary