chiefly • historical
- Swiss.More example sentences
- Luther had hoped that these two ‘weeds’ would be gradually rooted out by his successors, as indeed they were by ‘the French and Helvetian churches.’
- That was probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened regarding the Helvetian nation since William Tell.
nounBack to top
- A native of Switzerland.More example sentences
- Several of the Helvetians' cities on hills have been excavated.
- Roman civilisation was quickly adopted by the Helvetians when Switzerland was conquered by Julius Caesar.
- The struggle was fierce, for the Helvetians were fighting for all that they counted most dear.
More definitions of HelvetianDefinition of Helvetian in:
- The US English dictionary