- The German nation as considered by the Nazis to be innately superior to others.More example sentences
- So Hitler told the German people that they were wonderful (a Herrenvolk or ‘master people’), that he would fight their enemies (the Jews), and that he would look after them in the usual paternalistic socialist way.
- Finally, it is also possible that particularly men stemming from the lower strata of German society felt a certain attraction to the idea of ruling over other peoples as the proud representatives of the Aryan Herrenvolk.
- And both see themselves as a Herrenvolk, to use Hitler's word.
German, 'master race', from Herr 'master' + Volk 'people, folk'.
More definitions of HerrenvolkDefinition of Herrenvolk in:
- The US English dictionary