- A member of a Moravian Church.More example sentences
- Andreas Gestrich and Carola Wessel detail the variant experiences of Herrnhuters in eighteenth-century Russia and the upper Ohio Valley, respectively.
- In the church, built in 1914, you can see the organ that dates back to the time of the Herrnhuters.
- He found the teaching of the Herrnhuters too restrictive, however, because the faculty refused to lecture on current intellectual trends.
mid 18th century: German, from Herrnhut (literally 'the Lord's keeping'), the name of the first German settlement of the Moravian Church.
More definitions of HerrnhuterDefinition of Herrnhuter in:
- The US English dictionary