- former term for radio wave.More example sentences
- Gugliemo Marconi filed the first patent for communication using Hertzian waves in 1896.
- Marconi had a neighbour, Professor Augusto Righi, who had been experimenting on Hertzian waves and who encouraged him.
- The young man's imagination was stirred by the account given of Hertz's work, and the idea occurred to him that Hertzian waves might be used in communication.
More definitions of Hertzian waveDefinition of Hertzian wave in:
- The US English dictionary