- 1Relating to or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising the Nearctic and Palaearctic regions combined. The two continents have been linked intermittently by the Bering land bridge, and the faunas are closely related.More example sentences
- Magpies occur throughout large parts of the Holarctic region.
- In this study, we were interested in updating available information on an uncommon migratory seabird with a Holarctic distribution, the ivory gull.
- These represent robust wolf-sized dogs thought to have derived from the large northern Holarctic wolf form C. l. lupus.
More definitions of HolarcticDefinition of Holarctic in:
- The US English dictionary