noun[mass noun] • archaic
- Dutch gin.More example sentences
- The Dutch connection was vital, for gin - or Hollands or jenever - was the elixir of the Glorious Revolution, and the fuel of William III's economic miracle.
- But somehow the working-class ethos of Geneva, also called Hollands gin, or Square gin, survived long after Hogarth's Gin Street was bulldozed.
- Genuine 18th century Hollands decanters with the correct outline, color, and gilding, and with the original stopper initialed ‘H’ to match the Hollands label are rare finds.
from archaic Dutch hollandsch genever (earlier form of hollands jenever) 'Dutch gin'.
More definitions of HollandsDefinition of Hollands in:
- The US English dictionary