Definition of Hollywoodize in English:
verb[with object] informal , derogatory
Adapt (a story or series of events) so as to conform to the supposed norms of a typical Hollywood film, especially in respect of being unrealistically glamorous, exciting, or simplistic: for this movie, the real doctor’s life story has been significantly Hollywoodized
More example sentences
- Since 1999 he has made his name by injecting European depth and quality into Hollywood films while simultaneously Hollywoodising London theatre.
- This alleged remake of the classic Sixties Brit heist flick has been Hollywoodised out of existence.
- While the originals are ethnically specific, albeit Hollywoodised, representations, the remakes are completely severed from the original ethnic soil and become solely the product of Hollywood homogenisation.
- Example sentences
- Simliarly, the film is amazingly effective for a fairly overblown Hollywoodization of a simple, lovely original.
- He describes the 'Hollywoodization of political culture'.
- Is Sundance's exportation of the indie-film mindset to other countries also an opportunity for other national cinemas to survive global Hollywoodization?
Definition of Hollywoodize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan