Definition of Hollywoodize in English:
verb[with object] informal , derogatory
Adapt (a story or series of events) so as to conform to the supposed norms of a typical Hollywood film, especially in respect of being unrealistically glamorous, exciting, or simplistic: for this movie, the real doctor’s life story has been significantly Hollywoodized
More example sentences
- Since 1999 he has made his name by injecting European depth and quality into Hollywood films while simultaneously Hollywoodising London theatre.
- This alleged remake of the classic Sixties Brit heist flick has been Hollywoodised out of existence.
- While the originals are ethnically specific, albeit Hollywoodised, representations, the remakes are completely severed from the original ethnic soil and become solely the product of Hollywood homogenisation.
- Example sentences
- Simliarly, the film is amazingly effective for a fairly overblown Hollywoodization of a simple, lovely original.
- He describes the 'Hollywoodization of political culture'.
- Is Sundance's exportation of the indie-film mindset to other countries also an opportunity for other national cinemas to survive global Hollywoodization?
Definition of Hollywoodize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.