noun[mass noun] trademark
A drink made from malted milk powder.
More example sentences
- The survey was commissioned by the makers of malted drink Horlicks.
- Nutritional drinks such as Horlicks also contain trans fats.
- And look very closely at the labels on things like Horlicks and drinking chocolate.
late 19th century: named after James and William Horlick, British-born brothers whose company first manufactured the drink in the US.
make a Horlicks of
- British informal Make a mess of.More example sentences
- Yes the traction control light will occasionally flicker, but the electronic intrusion is measured and actually helps you from making a Horlicks of things.
- One final observation - she made a Horlicks of her job as moderator.
- Untracked by Brazil's midfield, Kranjcar times his run onto the ball perfectly, but then makes a Horlicks of his header at goal.