- A succulent mat-forming plant with bright yellow or lilac daisy-like flowers and edible fruit. It is native to South Africa and frequently naturalized on coastal cliffs in Europe.
More example sentences
- Carpobrotus (formerly Mesembryanthemum) edulis, family Aizoaceae
- Ice plants are also known as Hottentot figs, which amuses me greatly for no particular reason.
- In the past few years we've grown Hottentot figs along the road.
- There are two species of Hottentot figs that have naturalized in Europe.