Definition of Hudsonian in English:
1Relating to Hudson Bay and the surrounding land.
- The breeding range of the Hudsonian Godwit is perhaps best described as enigmatic.
- These photographs are provided to help you identify members of the Hudsonian Godwit species and are provided here courtesy of the individual photographers, who retain copyright.
- This plant is common in the Hudsonian meadows and generally inhabits the drier soils on south and west exposures.
1.1 Biology Denoting a biogeographical zone represented by the territory around the bay (north of the treeline from Labrador to Alaska).
- He took great interest in the area's overlap of two major ‘life zones’ Hudsonian and Arctic - with its significant ecological and cultural implications.
- Perfect for Hudsonian and based on my experiences did not look like a variegatus.
- My objective in all cases was the beautiful park-like country lying in the Hudsonian zone.
Definition of Hudsonian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan