- A tall Tasmanian conifer which has yew-like berries and fragrant red timber.
More example sentences
- Dacrydium franklinii, family Podocarpaceae
- Rich hardwoods of myrtle, blackwood, sassafras and Huon pine mingle with common eucalypts.
- Accessible only by boat, the forest was silent till we reached Heritage Landing, where a boardwalk took us through the rainforest to the site of a 2,000-year-old Huon pine that crashed to the ground in 1997.
early 19th century: from Huon, the name of a river in the south of Tasmania.
More definitions of Huon pineDefinition of Huon pine in:
- The US English dictionary