- A red ferric oxide pigment made typically by roasting ferrous salts.More example sentences
- Hartley favored a range of reds throughout his work, and many of the still-life arrangements are set against a ground of dark sienna or Indian red verging on black.
- Iron oxides of varying composition (i.e., Spanish red, Indian red and Venetian red), cadmium selenide and select organic toluidines are the most popular red pigments.
- The base colours yellow and Indian red are prepared from soft laterite while blue is made from the juice of indigo leaves and black from lamp-black.
More definitions of Indian redDefinition of Indian red in:
- The US English dictionary