Definition of Indic in English:
Relating to or denoting the group of Indo-European languages comprising Sanskrit and the modern Indian languages which are its descendants.
- Gypsies speak Romany, an Indic language of the Indo-European language family.
- The mangling of his name is partly due to an inability of certain English speakers to pronounce the ‘dd’ sound common in the Semitic and Indic languages.
- An additional 439,239 people reported speaking other Indic languages, such as Punjabi, Bengali and Malayalam.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
The Indic language group.
- If there are applications in Indic, operating system vendors will build the fundamental capabilities in, and if they are built in, there will be more applications.
- Here there are two basic religious ideologies, traditions or whatever one might like to call them - Indic and Semitic.
Words that rhyme with Indicsyndic
Definition of Indic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan