- 1Relating to or denoting an Indo-European people who invaded NW India in the 2nd millennium bc. See Aryan.More example sentences
- This also explains the similarities between Indo-Aryan and Dravidian languages or Persian, Turkish and Hindustani.
- In South Asia, Dravidian and Indo-Aryan languages are spoken.
- A group called Dom belonged to the aboriginal peoples of India but had adopted the Hindu religion and an Indo-Aryan language derived from Sanskrit.
- 2 another term for Indic.
More definitions of Indo-AryanDefinition of Indo-Aryan in:
- The US English dictionary