adjective & noun
- former term for Indo-European.More example sentences
- Oriya and Assamese language are contemporary, have their roots in the eastern Magadhi group of the Indo-Germanic family.
- Might this be an Indo-Germanic rebuttal of Orwellian Newspeak?
- The terms Indo-European and the older Indo-Germanic and Indo-Celtic aptly described the spread of the language families from India to Britain and Iceland.
More definitions of Indo-GermanicDefinition of Indo-Germanic in:
- The US English dictionary