- 1Relating to the Indian Ocean and the adjacent parts of the Pacific.More example sentences
- Other molecular studies suggest that Indo-Pacific leatherbacks may be ancestral to global leatherback populations.
- They are monsters of the Indo-Pacific oceans; two metres of teeth and tail that eat surfers for breakfast off the coast of Australia.
- The distinctive orange and white Clown Fish traditionally lives in the warm seas of the Indo-Pacific area.
- 1.1 another term for Austronesian.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The Indo-Pacific seas or ocean.More example sentences
- At reefs all over the Indo-Pacific small, brightly coloured fish run cleaning stations where other fish come to engage their services.
- Those found in the Indo-Pacific are considered to have the most active venom, in the modified hollow spines at the tips of their dorsal fins.
- Apart from one on the W. African coast, the score or so of species all belong to the Indo-Pacific.
More definitions of Indo-PacificDefinition of Indo-Pacific in:
- The US English dictionary