Definition of Indo-Pacific in English:
1Relating to the Indian Ocean and the adjacent parts of the Pacific.
- Other molecular studies suggest that Indo-Pacific leatherbacks may be ancestral to global leatherback populations.
- They are monsters of the Indo-Pacific oceans; two metres of teeth and tail that eat surfers for breakfast off the coast of Australia.
- The distinctive orange and white Clown Fish traditionally lives in the warm seas of the Indo-Pacific area.
1.1 another term for Austronesian.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
The Indo-Pacific seas or ocean.
- At reefs all over the Indo-Pacific small, brightly coloured fish run cleaning stations where other fish come to engage their services.
- Those found in the Indo-Pacific are considered to have the most active venom, in the modified hollow spines at the tips of their dorsal fins.
- Apart from one on the W. African coast, the score or so of species all belong to the Indo-Pacific.
Definition of Indo-Pacific in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan