Definition of Indology in English:
The study of Indian history, literature, philosophy, and culture.
- Scholars from India, Europe and other countries visited it to study different aspects of Indology.
- The Asiatic Society of Mumbai has instituted six fellowships of one-year duration in Indology, Social Sciences, History of Maharashtra and on an area concerning Japan.
- However, there were several outstanding scholars in Egyptology, Indology, and Celtic languages and cultures.
- Example sentences
- Finicio was one of the earliest Indologists having authored ‘the West's first authoritative description of Puranic Hinduism’.
- It is hoped that archaeologists and Indologists will be motivated enough to investigate further locally available information.
- The Max Mueller Bhavans are named after the great German Indologist and Sanskrit scholar, Friedrich Max Mueller.
Definition of Indology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia