The study of Indian history, literature, philosophy, and culture.
More example sentences
- Scholars from India, Europe and other countries visited it to study different aspects of Indology.
- The Asiatic Society of Mumbai has instituted six fellowships of one-year duration in Indology, Social Sciences, History of Maharashtra and on an area concerning Japan.
- However, there were several outstanding scholars in Egyptology, Indology, and Celtic languages and cultures.
- More example sentences
- Finicio was one of the earliest Indologists having authored ‘the West's first authoritative description of Puranic Hinduism’.
- It is hoped that archaeologists and Indologists will be motivated enough to investigate further locally available information.
- The Max Mueller Bhavans are named after the great German Indologist and Sanskrit scholar, Friedrich Max Mueller.
Definition of Indology in:
- The US English dictionary