- A form of motor racing in which cars are driven round a banked, regular oval circuit which allows for racing at exceptionally high speeds. It takes place chiefly in the US: [as modifier]: an Indy raceMore example sentences
- My guys always seem to bring out a really good car for the Indy test and Indy race, so they've done it again.
- Can you talk about the past two seasons, your goal of racing at Indy?
- Giancarlo, you have raced at Indy for the past five seasons - what is your feeling when you arrive each year?
1950s: named after Indianapolis, where the principal Indy race is held.
More definitions of IndyDefinition of Indy in:
- The US English dictionary