Definition of Inuit in English:
- In the United States and Europe, this disorder is most common in Ashkenazi Jews, followed by Hispanics, Yugoslavs, Native American Inuits, and Italians.
- My background is Inupiaq Eskimo, which is the northern most tribe of Inuits in Alaska.
- The member of a very rare blood group most often found among Inuits of northern Canada.
- While Aleut is considered a separate language, Eskimo branches into Inuit and Yup'ik.
- The story about Inuit (or Inuktitut, or Yup'ik, or more generally, Eskimo) words for snow is completely wrong.
- The infamous Eskimo snow words meme is spread by people who don't know about Inuit or any related language.
adjectiveBack to top
- First were short films and then TV shows, which were produced to preserve and enhance Inuit culture and language while providing gainful employment to the community of Igloolik.
- Jacob Gronlykke's Heart Of Light is the first full-length and epic style feature film shot entirely in the Inuit language.
- I have suggested that there exists a range of signed languages, including an indigenous signed language, among the Inuit people of Nunavut.
Inuit, plural of inuk 'person'.
The peoples inhabiting the regions from the central Canadian Arctic to western Greenland prefer to be called Inuit rather than Eskimo, and this term now has official status in Canada. By analogy, the term Inuit is also used as a synonym for Eskimo in general. However, this latter use, in including people from Siberia who are not Inupiaq-speakers, is, strictly speaking, not accurate. See also Eskimo (usage).
Definition of Inuit in:
- US English dictionary