- Relating to Iraq, its people, or their language.More example sentences
- It was used alongside other intelligence material, giving the impression it came from Iraqi sources.
- The makeshift chariots were pulled by Iraqi horses commandeered from looters in the area.
- The vouchers allowed the bearer to buy Iraqi oil at cut-rate prices and could be sold for a profit.
noun (plural Iraqis)Back to top
- 1A native or inhabitant of Iraq, or a person of Iraqi descent.More example sentences
- We need your help to carry on helping the Iraqis and Marsh Arab people at this critical time.
- It is not the first time Labour had countered opposition to the war with the views of native Iraqis.
- Does he really believe that only Iraqis are qualified to comment on what is happening in Iraq?
More definitions of IraqiDefinition of Iraqi in:
- The US English dictionary