- A dog of a breed of setter with a long, silky dark red coat and a long feathered tail.More example sentences
- A certain mutation has been shown to cause a completely red or yellow coat color in certain breeds such as Irish setters, yellow Labrador retrievers, and golden retrievers.
- In our initial study of Mc1r variation in dogs, we determined the complete coding sequence in black and yellow Labrador retrievers, Newfoundlands, golden retrievers, Irish setters, flat-coated retrievers, and Doberman pinschers.
- Llewellyn was adventurous in his pursuit of the perfect field setter, breeding Gordon and Irish setters to Lavarack's stock.
More definitions of Irish setterDefinition of Irish setter in:
- The US English dictionary