noun(the Iron Curtain)
- A notional barrier separating the former Soviet bloc and the West prior to the decline of communism that followed the political events in eastern Europe in 1989.More example sentences
- In the past 15 years, the former East bloc nations behind the Iron Curtain have become free and democratic.
- The collapse of the Iron Curtain brought about a political revolution in Europe.
- During the Cold War years, Western Europe encompassed the area to the west of the Iron Curtain.
More definitions of Iron CurtainDefinition of Iron Curtain in:
- The US English dictionary