- A test for colour blindness in which the subject is asked to distinguish numbers or pathways printed in coloured spots on a background of spots of a different colour or colours.More example sentences
- These tests are sometimes known as the Ishihara test.
- Patients should have baseline visual acuity testing and testing of color discrimination (Ishihara tests).
- Testing of visual acuity and color vision (Ishihara tests) should be performed when EMB is to be used.
early 20th century: named after Shinobu Ishihara (1879–1963), Japanese ophthalmologist.
More definitions of Ishihara testDefinition of Ishihara test in:
- The US English dictionary