Definition of Israeli in English:
Relating to the modern country of Israel.
- So it could happen in London too, since one can be critical of Israeli policy and still support its right to exist.
- Many of the houses I visited were riddled with bullets or had lost their roofs after Israeli attacks.
- That will allow the number of illegal Israeli settlements in occupied territory to be increased.
noun (plural Israelis)Back to top
A native or inhabitant of Israel, or a person of Israeli descent.
- National identity for Israelis is to a large extent bound up with their identity as Jews.
- Native born Israelis are called Sabras, named for a cactus fruit gown in the desert.
- What Sadat and Begin proved in the 70s is that peace is possible between Arabs and Israelis.
Words that rhyme with Israelibailey, bailie, capercaillie, Cayley, ceilidh, daily, Daley, Daly, Disraeli, Eilidh, feyly, gaily, Haley, Hayley, Rayleigh, scaly, shaly, ukulele
Definition of Israeli in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan