- Relating to the modern country of Israel.More example sentences
- So it could happen in London too, since one can be critical of Israeli policy and still support its right to exist.
- Many of the houses I visited were riddled with bullets or had lost their roofs after Israeli attacks.
- That will allow the number of illegal Israeli settlements in occupied territory to be increased.
noun (plural Israelis)Back to top
- A native or inhabitant of Israel, or a person of Israeli descent.More example sentences
- National identity for Israelis is to a large extent bound up with their identity as Jews.
- Native born Israelis are called Sabras, named for a cactus fruit gown in the desert.
- Many Israelis may well be Jews, but a boycott of Israeli products is not a boycott against Jews.
More definitions of IsraeliDefinition of Israeli in:
- The US English dictionary